1. Bible Based - We work hard to make sure that everything we believe and teach is based on the solid foundation of the Word of God. Our youth ministry reflects our church’s belief that the Bible is a divinely inspired and fully reliable record of God’s revelation of Himself to us. It is our only rule for faith and practice. Therefore, in endeavoring to provide answers to the questions asked by today’s youth, we always ask, “What does the Bible say?”
2. Relevant - In seeking to provide answers from God’s Word, we seek to answer questions that youth are asking. We do not dodge the “tough” questions being asked by today’s youth. We believe that the Christian faith is a reasonable faith that makes sense and that the Bible has satisfying answers to even the most difficult questions.
3. Challenging - In seeking to be consistent with the teaching of the Bible, we regularly remind youth of the call of Christ, who said, “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me,” (Luke 9:23). Cornerstone students are constantly and consistently challenged to consider what it means to “take up their cross” and follow Christ in their personal life, their social life, their school life, and their home life.
4. Transformational - Our goal in youth ministry is to see young men and women transformed by the power of God to become fully devoted followers of Jesus who can be used to see spiritual transformation come to their friends, their families, their schools and their communities. We want to see unbelieving youth transformed into believers in Christ; and we want to see believing youth transformed into fully committed disciples of Jesus Christ who are living their lives on mission for Him.
5. Fun - We firmly believe that the Christian life is not dull! Therefore, we have a lot of fun within the fellowship of Cornerstone Student Ministries. We invite you to join us!