Cornerstone Student Ministries is for students currently in grades 7-12! In addition to our Sunday morning Connection Groups, we meet on Sunday evenings at 5 PM and Wednesday evenings at 6 PM for worship, fellowship, fun and serious time in the Word!
If you have any questions, feel free to pass them along by using the form to the bottom right of this page.
Our mission is simple: To expose students to Jesus Christ through the study of His Holy Scriptures, through worship and fellowship, and maturing them as a disciple of Christ. Then we release them into the world to reach their peers for Christ!
Cornerstone Student Ministries meets in the youth room of FBC on Sunday at 5 pm and Wednesdays at 6 pm. The following summarizes our philosophy in our ministry to students. Our ministry to youth is . . .
1. Bible Based - We work hard to make sure that everything we believe and teach is based on the solid foundation of the Word of God. Our youth ministry reflects our church’s belief that the Bible is a divinely inspired and fully reliable record of God’s revelation of Himself to us. It is our only rule for faith and practice. Therefore, in endeavoring to provide answers to the questions asked by today’s youth, we always ask, “What does the Bible say?”
2. Relevant - In seeking to provide answers from God’s Word, we seek to answer questions that youth are asking. We do not dodge the “tough” questions being asked by today’s youth. We believe that the Christian faith is a reasonable faith that makes sense and that the Bible has satisfying answers to even the most difficult questions
3. Challenging - In seeking to be consistent with the teaching of the Bible, we regularly remind youth of the call of Christ, who said, “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me,” (Luke 9:23). Cornerstone students are constantly and consistently challenged to consider what it means to “take up their cross” and follow Christ in their personal life, their social life, their school life, and their home life.
4. Transformational - Our goal in youth ministry is to see young men and women transformed by the power of God to become fully devoted followers of Jesus who can be used to see spiritual transformation come to their friends, their families, their schools and their communities. We want to see unbelieving youth transformed into believers in Christ; and we want to see believing youth transformed into fully committed disciples of Jesus Christ who are living their lives on mission for Him.
5. Fun - We firmly believe that the Christian life is not dull! Therefore, we have a lot of fun within the fellowship of Cornerstone Student Ministries. We invite you to join us!
A Disciple Now (DNOW) weekend is a youth retreat that is designed to be “at home.” So many trips involve traveling somewhere and doing mission work at another location. This retreat focuses students’ attention right where they live! There are three elements to a DNOW weekend: Worship, Bible Study, and Missions.
If you’ve ever been on a weekend student retreat, you know how that experience can build community. Teenagers ride together, play together, eat together, stay up late together, get up tired together… “Together” is a powerful word. Think of “together” as glue – the more broadly it’s spread, the better a youth group will bond. Mission trips apply “together” to students’ sense of adventure, their desire to serve, their relationship with God, their daily experiences, their broken comfort zones and much more.
For students, a week at camp is exciting, fun, loud, and sometimes even messy. But those things don’t bring about life-change on their own. Every moment spent at FUGE is intentional. Camp programming is designed to take students out of their normal routine and place them into an environment that is focused on life-change through relationship with Christ.